Week five of our series on salvation history is here. And Moses is our man. I say Moses, you say? Ten Commandments. Ten plagues of Egypt. The golden calf. Parting of the Red Sea. Wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. What do all these pieces of his story have to do with the covenant God made through him? What was the covenant even about? Find out today with Richaél Lucero. Plus! Learn why the freed Hebrew slaves of Egypt weren’t actually free. And how that damaged the covenant.
Throughout the series Richaél Lucero will examine one of the six key figures, the covenant they made with God and its meaning.
Click the play button below.
support clumsy theosis
Will you help me get this show out to those who need it? This show is 100% listener supported. And we can only do what we do because of listener generosity.
Please donate today. And, as an added perk, Clumsy Theosis donors receive exclusive merchandise and resources in the process.
All episodes to date on the six key figures of salvation history. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, and Jesus.
salvation history series
The story of God’s active presence in the history of humanity from Adam through Jesus and the eucharist.
- Exodus 3. Burning bush.
- Exodus 4:22-23. “Let my first-born son go to serve me.”
- Exodus 19:5-6. God’s promise to the Israelites. Making them a *royal priesthood.*
- Exodus 24. God reveals himself to the Israelites at Sinai.
- Exodus 24:8. First Sinai Covenant. “Behold the blood of the covenant which the Lord had made with you.”
- Exodus 32. Golden calf.
- Exodus 33. Covenant restored after the golden calf. Called Second Sinai covenant/ Levitical covenant.
- Leviticus 1-16. Priestly code.
- Leviticus 17- 27. Holiness code.
- Book of Numbers. Wander in the wilderness for 40 years to Promised Land.
- Book of Deuteronomy. Translates to “second law.” This is the Deuteronomic covenant—The third and final covenant.
get episodes in your inbox
Receive my weekly email with the latest episode. You’ll never miss an episode again. Plus, you’ll get extras like bonus content and insider information.