(Cue the Rocky theme song) We’re going back to basics and all the things we may have missed before. In this episode, Richaél Lucero probes two of the five basic *forms* of prayer to help you reap more fruit in your relationship with God. Learn how to be kingdom oriented and more like Jesus with prayers of petition and intercession.
Declaration from the end of the episode:
I believe and declare…
- The Holy Spirit of God is constantly teaching me how to pray.
- I glorify Jesus every time I ask the Father for something in Jesus’ name.
- My heavenly Father wants to give me good gifts.
- My heavenly Father is ready and excited to grant me forgiveness.
- My heart and mind are made to be Kingdom oriented.
- I pray like Jesus when I intercede for others—especially sinners.
- My heart is made to be attuned to God’s mercy.
Prayer is the raising of one’s mind and heart to God…St. John of Damascus
Late have I loved you, O Beauty ever ancient, ever new.St. Augustine of Hippo
I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”John 8:38
Intercession is a prayer of petition which leads us to pray as Jesus did.Catechism of the Catholic Church 2634
support clumsy theosis
Will you help me get this show out to those who need it? This show is 100% listener supported. And we can only do what we do because of listener generosity.
Please donate today. And, as an added perk, Clumsy Theosis donors receive exclusive merchandise and resources in the process.
get episodes in your inbox
Receive my weekly email with the latest episode and show notes. You’ll never miss an episode again. Plus, you’ll get extras like bonus content and insider information.