Remember: When it comes to your supernatural authority, the thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But you can fortify your life against him. Richaél Lucero suggests a few tried and true habits to keep the thief at bay so you can walk in your supernatural authority. All will keep the enemy from gaining a foothold and keep you close to the source of your authority, God.
Keep the enemy from gaining a foothold.
Remove and avoid:
- Toxic relationships: people, organizations, companies, etc. that use, abuse, undervalue, or mistreat you. They are sending a message contrary to the truth god is speaking over you.
- Comparison: Looking outward at others distracts you from looking up at God. Living in a world of comparison is the life of an orphan who doesn’t know they have a good and loving Father in heaven.
- Negative self-talk: God put the power of life and death in your tongue. You reject the blessings, graces, and healings God wants to give you when you speak their opposite.
- Unforgiveness: To be a Christian is to be like our Lord. The hallmark of God is forgiveness. When we hold on to unforgiveness, we are cutting ourselves from the life of God.
Stay close to he source of your authority, God.
Maintain or begin:
- Prophetic declarations: You partner with God when you speaking his truth over yourself and into the atmosphere around you through prophetic declarations. You also exercise your authority, which helps you grow in it.
- Sing praise to God: Psalm 149 says when the faithful rejoice in their glory, crying out with joy with the praise of God on their mouths a two-edged sword is in their hand. Singing praise to God is a form of spiritual warfare.
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Being in the presence of Jesus rejuvenates the soul, mind, and body. I find that it melts away the lies and falsehoods and provides an injection of God’s love strait to the heart—realigning me in my authority.
- Read the Gospels everyday: Jesus told Philip, “Whoever has seen me has been the Father.” When you read the Gospels looking to discover the character of Jesus, you learn who the Father is. And when you see the Father, he will show you who you are and the authority he has given you.
Bonus suggestions not in episode:
- Avoid things that waste your time or numb your mind. The enemy wants you to be distracted, unready, and under-prepared to answer your call or fight back.
- Avoid messages contrary to God’s love in the media you consume.
- Avoid gossip. Your words have the power to build up or tare down. Pray for people instead. Then watch how those words that you lifted to heaven bring down abundance all around you and them.
prayer episodes Referenced
For you created my inmost being;Psalm 139:13-14
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.Philippians 4: 7-8
The tongue has the power of life and death,Proverbs 18: 21
and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Above all else, guard your heart,Proverbs 4:23
for everything you do flows from it.
Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor
and sing for joy on their beds.
May the praise of God be in their mouthsPsalms 149:5-6
and a double-edged sword in their hands,
Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.John 14: 9-11
Comparison is the thief of joy.Theodore Roosevelt
support clumsy theosis
Will you help me get this show out to those who need it? This show is 100% listener supported. And we can only do what we do because of listener generosity.
Please donate today. And, as an added perk, Clumsy Theosis donors receive exclusive merchandise and resources in the process.
get episodes in your inbox
Receive my weekly email with the latest episode and show notes. You’ll never miss an episode again. Plus, you’ll get extras like bonus content and insider information.