God prepared the Israelites for the Eucharistic covenant through his prophets. Look at the Last Supper and Crucifixion with Richaél Lucero. You’ll learn how they fulfill God’s promises given through the prophets. And what this new covenant in Jesus’ blood means for us today.
This episode picks up from the episode before last, Jesus and the Eucharist Foretold by the Prophets. Wondering where we are along the biblical timeline? This fulfillment is about 500 years after the prophet Ezekiel according to the prophet Daniel.
Throughout the series Richaél Lucero will examine one of the six key figures, the covenant they made with God and its meaning.
All episodes to date on the six key figures of salvation history. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, and Jesus.
salvation history series
The story of God’s active presence in the history of humanity from Adam through Jesus and the eucharist.
- Exodus 24:8 The sealing of the Mosaic covenant: “Behold, the blood of the covenant.”
- Isaiah 42:6 God speaks to the this future divine ruler from the line of David: “… I have given you as a covenant to the people…”
- Luke 22 Last Supper Narrative
- Luke 22:20 Jesus introduces the New Covenant: “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.”
- Luke 22:18 Related to the Fourth cup of the Passover/Last Supper: “I will not drink of the fruit of the vine again until the Kingdom of God is here.”
- Prophecies summarized and referred to can be found in:
- Isaiah 9:1-7, 11:1-6
- Jeremiah 30-33
- Ezekiel 34, 36, 37
support clumsy theosis
Will you help me get this show out to those who need it? This show is 100% listener supported. And we can only do what we do because of listener generosity.
Please donate today. And, as an added perk, Clumsy Theosis donors receive exclusive merchandise and resources in the process.
get episodes in your inbox
Receive my weekly email with the latest episode. You’ll never miss an episode again. Plus, you’ll get extras like bonus content and insider information.